Tuesday, December 6, 2011

If Bruce Wayne were a car, he'd be a Cadillac XLR.


Today I had the distinct pleasure of delivering a Cadillac XLR. With a DOHC 4.6L V8, fully independent suspension, and even A/C equipped seats, this ride is one of luxury. Then you dip into the throttle and learn exactly what the car is willing to do.

Comfortable seats, a retractable hard top, and heads up display (the car's speed is visible on the windshield at all times) make this a road tripper's dream. I found myself digging into the throttle just to hear the ferocious exhaust crackle.

If I were to criticize the Cadillac in any way, it is that the car seems almost too staid in exterior styling. Like Bruce Wayne, it seems mild-mannered. Very few people have experienced the full on craziness that lurks just below the surface, though.

Would I drive a Cadillac XLR? Yes. I'd just have to be on the constant lookout for purple clouds of poison gas from villains.

No comments:

Post a Comment