Sunday, June 26, 2011

Greenwood Thoughts: The Morning After

Greenwood car show is a monster. The depth and breadth of models, makes, years and styles was astounding. I think this first car we saw at the show sums up just what can be expected:



That's right, you're looking at a stretched Geo Metro Limo. With one gull wing door, this curious creation confounded me thoroughly. But we moved on, because there was so much more to see.
This is a T-Bucket. Ben pointed out, very accurately, that it is very little car with a ton of motor. I couldn't have said it better myself. Check it out:


The next car of note was a red mid-'90s roadster with pop up head lights and an LS1 motor. The valve covers proudly proclaim Corvette, but it is definitely a LS1 powered Miata. Ever see Wile E. Coyote light the fuse on an Acme rocket?


This van is too cool for words.

Tasteless murals with inappropriate levels of semi nudity and patriotism alike? Check.

Custom sheet metal touches such as sideways tail lights from what appears to be a mid-'60s Ford Galaxie and twin frenched antennae? Check.

Blue velour and shag pile carpet covering every inch of the interior, including the built in bed but excluding the crystal chandelier and black granite wet bar? Check.

Class to the tenth degree? Check.


This last pic I snapped is of a survivor Ferrari. It has a plaque mounted on the dash from a rally in Las Vegas back in 1961. The car was rusty, the dash was peeling apart, and it was the coolest little Ferrari I've ever seen.

Greenwood overwhelmed me. Greg will pop some pics up that are both higher quality and greater in number, but these were the ones that garnered my attention. Now, I need to catch my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment