Saturday, March 10, 2012

Only in Bellevue.

Thursday, March 8th, I witnessed a calamity of upper middle class proportions. In hindsight, it cracks me up, but at the time it felt very unsettling.

I was delivering a bright yellow Dodge Challenger SRT8 with six speed manual and huge subs in the trunk.


I was in Bellevue, Washington and I was slightly embarrassed by the 'look-at-me' yellow car. I rolled up on a stop light and saw something that changed my outlook.


In the center lane, to my left, sat an idling Ferrari California in black with the roof down and two very happy looking gentlemen enjoying the first genuine sunlight in a while. I rolled alongside, marveled at the fine Italian auto, and snapped a photo with my cell (I was at a stop light, while observing all known safety laws). My light turned green for a right turn, and I left the sight with regret. As I drove off, I got a call from my coworker who had been sitting in his rig to the left of the Ferrari.

It seems there was a blue Corvette behind the Ferrari.


When my light changed, the blue Corvette attempted to drive under the sleek black convertible. I missed it entirely. Apparently no one was hurt and the damage looked slight.

The good news is that I didn't wreck the customer's Challenger. The bad news is that some very wealthy humans were inconvenienced on a sunny Thursday afternoon.

And that's how babies are made.

No comments:

Post a Comment