Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A 2011 Wrangler and how it affected my value system.


A sweet little 2011 2 Door Wrangler came into the shop the other day. It is as base model as you can get, from manual windows and locks to a soft top and no A/C. The only optional extra was an automatic transmission, which, eh, whatever. The owner installed some 33 inch mud tires on cheesy looking 18 inch wheels, but aside from that, it is almost exactly the Wrangler that I'd order.

I was excited when I learned that it needed to be moved, as I'm hankering to own something similar (with 3 pedals, though, and without the cheeseball 18s). As I opened the door, I was assaulted by one externally unapparent modification.

Someone had installed bright pink seat covers.

I wept.

The Jeep seemed otherwise undamaged, so I moved it from point A to B with little fanfare. Remember, I love Jeeps. Always have. Then I saw what would come to offend my very core.

The license plate frame read: Silly Boys, Jeeps are for Girls.

I wept bitterly.

Who has the right to claim an entire range of vehicles for one gender, I ask you? Sure, Girls can have Jettas and Miatas. Enjoy. They can't Bogart trucks, Jeeps, or Mustangs, though. Those must be shared.

After much consideration, I came to a solution. With masking tape and a magic marker, I covered the license plate frame with a slogan of my own design. It reads:

Silly Girl, Jeeps are for Mud.

I feel vindicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment