Sunday, August 14, 2011

A ski boat shaped albatross.

I received a phone call last Thursday evening that changed my view point for the rest of the weekend.

Many of you are aware that I'm a bit white trash, in that I love collecting and trading broken things. I also love anything with a motor; the louder the better. Well, when I got the call informing me that a distant relative was selling a ski boat with a bad outdrive, I had to have it.

I called the relative, negotiated price, and worked out some details. Yes, the boat is an hour north of Spokane, WA (making it roughly 4-5 hours from me). Yes, it will likely cost another $700-1000 to fix. And, of course, I have nothing to tow it with, either from Deer Park, WA to Seattle, WA or from my apartment to a lake. These details will surely work themselves out.

As of Thursday, though, I had a handful of projects already jockeying position for my attention. And I don't need a ski boat any more than I need a pet Tiger. In the last 3 days, though, my busy little mind has been wrapped in visions of low cost boating. Perhaps it's time to find a skipper's hat and to pack my pipe once more with fresh tobacco.

Or, conversely, perhaps it's time to just open up a hole in the water to pour my money into.

No comments:

Post a Comment